Our sailboat rental fleet consists of J/22s and Rhodes 19s. The rental fleet is available by reservation or on an "as available" basis. We require a driver's license/recognized form of ID and CC #, to rent.
Rental Hours (seven days a week):
Summer (Memorial Weekend - Labor Day) Rental Blocks: 9 am - noon, 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm and 4 pm - 7 pm
Spring & Fall (May & Labor Day to the end of October) Rental Blocks: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
An annual on-the-water check-out by a member of Sail Newport's staff is required. The check out is typically done right before you rent the first time each season, and is our chance to see that you have sufficient skills to sail the boat safely and appropriately in the conditions, as well as to familiarize you with our boats and the sailing area. The check-out typically takes 10-20 minutes. If you have any questions about whether you have the necessary skills to pass the check-out, please give us a call: a member of the staff would be more than happy to discuss this with you!
Spinnaker gear is available for use on the fleet of J/22s for an additional fee of $50. Renters wishing to use spinnakers must also pass a more comprehensive check-out. Please call for additional information.
Your reservation guarantees payment unless you cancel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled rental time, you do not pass the required check-out sail, or if the Sail Newport staff determines that weather conditions warrant cancellation.
2017 Sailboat Rental Rates
|3 hour rental||$82.00||$121.00|
|6 hour rental||$146.00||$216.00||10% savings|
|3 hour rental||$63.00||$95.00|
|6 hour rental||$113.00||$167.00||10% savings|
|3 hour rental||$96.00||$152.00|
|6 hour rental||$172.00||$270.00||10% savings|
|3 hour rental||$80.00||$106.00|
|6 hour rental||$140.00||$189.00||10% savings|
Five Session Cards
- Five rental session cards are available for use of J22 and Rhodes 19 sailboats.
- You must be a Sail Newport member to purchase and use a 5 session card.
- The discounted rate (weekdays) is $328.00 per card for a J22 and $252.00 for the Rhodes 19, and $384.00 for a J/22 and $320.00 for a Rhodes 19 (weekends). Essentially, it's five sails for the price of four - great value for a regular sailor!
- Five session cards are only good for the season in which they are purchased: unused cards may not be carried over to the following season.
- $850 May - October
- Entitles the holder (must be a Sail Newport member) to reserve and rent any of the keelboats during regularly scheduled rental times except Saturday and Sunday afternoons and holiday (12:30-3:30 p.m.) rental periods. Open Card holders may use a boat at the start of the Sat/Sun afternoon or holiday 12:30 - 3:30 p.m. rental period, if one is available, you just may not make a reservation in advance for either of those specific time blocks.
- Open Cards are not transferable: the holder/purchaser must be present for the sail.
- A surcharge applies to anyone with an Open Card who is also chartering for any of the Tues./Weds. Race Weeknight Series. Please refer to the Weeknight Racing page for more information
- Cards are only valid for the season in which they are purchased.
For information on booking lessons and rentals, please call the our Dock Office (May - October): (401) 849-8385, or the Main Office (401) 846-1983.
We accept MasterCard, Visa, AMEX and Discover Card, cash and local checks.